Activity: (VIDEO) ▶️ Standing squat
SummaryWeight-bearing exercise for the trunk and lower extremity, involving the back extensor, gluteal, hamstring and quadriceps muscles.
- standing, spine neutral, maintaining proper foot position and lower extremity alignment
- gently “spread the floor” to create some lateral hip stability
- keeping the spine neutral “hinge” or flex forward at the hips while bending the knees and posteriorly translating the pelvis
- maintain apprpropriate loading through the feet
- return to the start position
- repeat as needed