Activity: Hip internal and external rotation Mobilization
SummaryA dynamic hip mobilization exercise for abduction, moving carefully through internal and external rotation.
- Sitting on the floor, knees bent: have one hip fall outwards (into external rotation) and one knee fall inwards (into internal rotation
- place your hand on the side of the hip that is in internal rotation
- within the comfortable range, gently rotate your trunk and pelvis to one side, inducing internal rotation of one hip and external rotation of the other
- do the same in the opposite direction
- Continue moving back and forth through the comfortable range
- NOTE: This exercise should only be done if there is adequate hip mobility to begin with, otherwise it can put strain in your back and knees