Alignment technique for intra-pelvic torsion: standing, with hip extension
Self alignment technique to help with intrapelvic torsions, for the posteriorly rotated side.
- standing upright, lift the appropriate side leg to about 90 degrees of hip and knee flexion
- add resistance to the top of the knee, pushing downwards with the hands while pushing up with the knee
- hold for about 5 seconds
- with the same leg, now extend your hip and place the foot on the ground behind you
- gently push forward with the pelvis while maintaining a neutral spine
- hold and repeat as needed