Distal IT band lateral fascia stretch: side lying
A side lying stretch for the distal aspect of the iliotibial band and lateral fascia of the knee.
- laying on one side, with the stretch side up
- loop a strap around the ankle of the top leg, grasping the other end of the strap with the top hand
- pull the leg back until a gentle stretch is felt
- lift the foot of the bottom leg and place the outside of the heel on the outer side of the top-leg knee
- gently press this heel down towards the floor until a stretch is felt on the lateral knee region