Side step with band: various angles
An exercise working on lateral movement with resistance band, involving hip abductors and medial knee stabilizers.
- standing in the athletic ready-position; the hips and knees slightly bent, feet shoulder-width apart
- place a loop of resistance band around the ankles
- keeping the pelvis level, step laterally to one side, loading well on the push-off leg and moving from the center of the body, as opposed to focusing on reaching with the foot
- bring the foot back to the starting position
- repeat movement in various directions as needed