(VIDEO) ▶️ Active arch engagement
An exercise focusing on stacking the foot well, engaging the muscles that support the arches, while still maintaining proper contact with the forefoot and rearfoot.
- standing, focus on supporting the foot equally between both sides of the heel and both sides of the forefoot (specifically 1st and 5th metatarsal heads)
- lift the arch to “stack” the foot properly, care not over-engage, overloading the outside of the foot, or under-engage, collapsing the foot medially
- all the while, maintain the support from both sides of the heel and forefoot
- hold and repeat as needed
- can be incorporated with other weight-bearing exercises as needed