(VIDEO) ▶️ High plank with hip and knee flexion
An exercise involving stabilization through the upper extremity and anterior aspect of the trunk and hip, with active hip flexion. Also know as “mountain climbers”.
- start in prone position, but supporting yourself on straight arms, hands about shoulder-width apart
- keep your shoulders and chest wide, body straight, and spine neutral
- flex one hip and knee, driving your knee forward, while maintaining stability of the spine and pelvis
- Return your leg to the start position
- repeat the same movement with the other leg
- repeat as needed