(VIDEO) ▶️ Side-lying quadratus lumborum stretch
A stretch for the side of the torso involving the quadratus lumborum, erector spine and abdominal obliques.
- Lying on one side, with the stretch-side up
- reach the stretch side arm overhead
- hips and knees flexed to 90 degrees each, ankles crossed, lower legs just off the side of the bed
- relax your side, letting the pelvis drop and letting the feet lower to the floor
- hold and repeat as needed
- NOTE: the stretch can be increased by side-flexing towards the bed in the first step