(VIDEO) ▶️ Side stepping: resistance band at ankles
An exercise working on lateral movement with added resistance at the ankles, involving hip abductors.
- standing with the hips and knees slightly bent, feet shoulder-width apart
- place a loop of resistance band around the ankles
- keeping the pelvis level, step laterally to one side, loading well on the push-off leg and moving from the center of the body, as opposed to focusing on reaching
- bring the other foot back to shoulder width
- repeat in either direction as needed