(VIDEO) ▶️ Squat on cushion
Weight-bearing exercise for the trunk and lower extremity, involving the back extensor, gluteal, hamstring and quadriceps muscles.
- standing on a cushion or BOSU, feet shoulder-width apart
- spine neutral, maintaining proper foot position and lower extremity alignment
- keeping the spine neutral “hinge” or flex forward at the hips while bending the knees and posteriorly translating the pelvis
- maintain appropriate loading through the feet
- return to the start position
- repeat as needed